Trout is a free, simple and small audio player for Windows that is portable so you can carry it with you on your usb stick. Trout will play mp3s as well as most all popular audio format types.
* Supported audio formats (standard): AIFF, AIF, AIFC, MP1, MP2, MP3, OGA, OGG, WAV, MO3, XM, MOD, S3M, IT, MTM.
* Supported audio formats (w/ plugins): FLAC, WMA, WMP, WMV, ASF, MID, MIDI, RMI, KAR, WV, WVC, AAC, MP4, M4A, M4B, M4P, APE, AC3, SPX, TTA, OFR, MPC, ALAC.
* Basic freeDB support for audio CD track titles.
* Support for internet radio streams.
* Supported tag formats: ID3v1, ID3v2.2/3/4, OGG/FLAC Vorbis comments, WMA, APEv2, MP4/ALAC/AAC (not available under 9x/ME)
* WinampAPI support for external control and display.
* Commandline parameters for external control (/play, /stop, /prev, /next, & /mute).
* Extremely customizable hotkey system.
* Track announcements (ideal for audiobooks)
* Basic album art support (folder.jpg)
* Horizontal/vertical “minibar” controls.
* Toaster style popup.
* Play modes (Play file, play list, repeat file, repeat list, random, shuffle).
* Simple tag editing (not available under 9x/ME).
* Last.fm and Libre.fm scrobbling support.
* Lyrics window (Lyrics from LyricWiki.org)
Installation Required: No
Sick of iTunes? Is it too complex and slow for your needs? Looking for a faster, lighter and free alternative iPod manager? CopyTrans Manager is an iTunes replacement for your iPhone or iPod. Add music & videos to iPod, edit song tags and artworks, create and organize iPhone playlists, preview tracks with the integrated music player. It’s also portable and needs no installation. Continue reading
Download playlist files direct to your hard drive
Shoutcast Playlist Downloader reads up to date information from the Shoutcast website and allows you to select from a list of all available genres. Download thousands of files in just a few minutes which are then neatly arranged into folders, sorted by genre, on to your hard drive. Continue reading
Here are the best portable MP3 players for Windows that I use everyday and all for different reasons.
All of these free portable MP3 players for Windows fill a certain niche for me. They can all be put on a USB drive and none of them need to be installed.
The 1by1 Directory Player is the best MP3 player if you are a person that just keeps all your Mp3 files in a few folders. Because of this it is very quick and convenient as all you do is point the player to your folders and you’re ready to go.
1by1 Directory Player is light and fast and takes me less then a second to launch the program. The benefits of the 1by1 player is that you can see all of your MP3 files in a glance and you can sort, shuffle play and repeat directories in a flash without much worry about setup.