Want to transfer your Firefox bookmarks to Opera, Avant, Safari, Chrome, Seamonkey and vice versa? Continue reading
* Touch screen gestures support for zoom in/out and for next/previous picture
* View & Edit graphics file of type: jpeg, bmp, gif, tiff (multi-page), png, pcx and emf
* Save As Pdf command
* Jpeg lossless rotate and crop
* Works with all Windows versions from 95 up to Windows 7FreeVimager
* Multi-monitor support: switch form one monitor to another through context menu or TAB key
* The executable only version stores the settings to a INI file
* Preview Display with transparency (useful when working with two or more monitors)
* Unicode support: Open, Edit, Batch Process or Batch Rename your files named in russian, indian, chinese, japanese…
* EXIF is displayed and all data are kept when editing and saving images
* EXIF date / time adjustment in batch mode
* IPTC & XMP single file / batch editing support for jpeg and tiff files
* Batch Processing and CD / DVD Slideshow creation
* Print Preview with image positioning by dragging
* Size optimized Email sending of images and avi files
* Well known editing features like: rotate, crop, resize, brightness, contrast, sharpen, …
* Live configurable Redeye removal tool
* Live Ansel Adams Zone System Histogram under Brightness, Contrast, … (thanks Jordi for the suggestion)
* Twain Scan multiple pages to tiff and pdf (possibility to Email directly)
* Avi video player with snapshot functionality and draggable borders in full-screen mode (integrated lossless, mjpeg, theora, vorbis and ADPCM codecs)
* Audio and CD player
* Zip extraction (context menu entry available)
USBDiskEjector is a portable program that allows you to quickly remove USB devices in Windows. It was originally designed to remove only USB pen drives but will now eject any USB device. It can be run as a non-visual command line program or a normal gui program. Its very useful if you have a USB flash/pen drive, especially if you use a menu such as PStart or the Portable Apps launcher. Continue reading
Radical Image Optimization Tool is a free image optimizer that will let you to visually adjust compression parameters while keeping minimum filesize.
It uses with a side by side (dual view) or single view interface to compare the original with the optimized image in real time.
It has a simple and easy to use interface where you will be able to control compression, number of colors, metadata settings and much more, and select image format (JPG, GIF or PNG) for your output file.
* open many image types including rare/scientific types
(up to 128 bpp, integer and floating point).
* save and optimize JPEG, GIF and PNG with a simple, clean user interface
* works in dual view: (original – optimized image) or single view (optimized image).
Automatic preview of resulting image
* in-place compare function (alternativelly display the original image over the optimized image to notice small pixel changes)
* compress files to desired filesize threshold
* fast processing (all is done in memory);
see instant results including resulting filesize
* batch support (process multiple files at once)
* transparency handling options
* decide if you want to keep metadata (comments, IPTC, Adobe XMP, EXIF profiles, ICC profiles).
Unsupported metadata is removed
* transfer metadata between image formats (destination format must support them)
* common tools: pan and zoom, rotate, flip
* basic image adjustments: brightness, contrast, gamma, invert
* visually reduce number of unique colors for PNG and GIF images in order to reduce filesize
(two quantization methods are available: Xiaolin Wu and NeuQuant neural net)
* resize image by using well known resample filters (ex: Lanczos3, Catmull Rom, Bicubic, and others)
* out-of-the-box support for external PNG optimizers (optipng, pngout, etc)
* the compression and the results are comparable to those of commercial products, even higher.
* Adaptive logarithmic tone mapping algorithm (Drago) used for HDR images
It can check e-mail addresses, the Google PageRank and shows domain information.
Installation Required: No
EVEREST Home Edition is a freeware system information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. It offers the world’s most accurate system information and diagnostics capabilities, including online features, memory benchmarks, hardware monitoring, and low-level hardware information.
# Advanced hardware monitor with OSD panel and cooling fans monitoring
# Real-time alerting for hot-plug devices
# Portable Computer page to display mobile PC related information
# Bluetooth PAN support
# File Scanner filtering
# User benchmark results manager
# Sharpness test (Monitor Diagnostics)
Installation Required: No
Trout is a free, simple and small audio player for Windows that is portable so you can carry it with you on your usb stick. Trout will play mp3s as well as most all popular audio format types.
* Supported audio formats (standard): AIFF, AIF, AIFC, MP1, MP2, MP3, OGA, OGG, WAV, MO3, XM, MOD, S3M, IT, MTM.
* Supported audio formats (w/ plugins): FLAC, WMA, WMP, WMV, ASF, MID, MIDI, RMI, KAR, WV, WVC, AAC, MP4, M4A, M4B, M4P, APE, AC3, SPX, TTA, OFR, MPC, ALAC.
* Basic freeDB support for audio CD track titles.
* Support for internet radio streams.
* Supported tag formats: ID3v1, ID3v2.2/3/4, OGG/FLAC Vorbis comments, WMA, APEv2, MP4/ALAC/AAC (not available under 9x/ME)
* WinampAPI support for external control and display.
* Commandline parameters for external control (/play, /stop, /prev, /next, & /mute).
* Extremely customizable hotkey system.
* Track announcements (ideal for audiobooks)
* Basic album art support (folder.jpg)
* Horizontal/vertical “minibar” controls.
* Toaster style popup.
* Play modes (Play file, play list, repeat file, repeat list, random, shuffle).
* Simple tag editing (not available under 9x/ME).
* Last.fm and Libre.fm scrobbling support.
* Lyrics window (Lyrics from LyricWiki.org)
Installation Required: No
USBDeview is a small utility that lists all USB devices that currently connected to your computer, as well as all USB devices that you previously used.
* For each USB device, exteneded information is displayed: Device name/description, device type, serial number (for mass storage devices), the date/time that device was added, VendorID, ProductID, and more…
* USBDeview also allows you to uninstall USB devices that you previously used, disconnect USB devices that are currently connected to your computer, as well as to disable and enable USB devices.
* You can also use USBDeview on a remote computer, as long as you login to that computer with admin user.
Installation Required: No
Volumouse is a great piece of software I use everyday. Volumouse is a free portable utility that controls the volume of your computer by clicking and holding a mouse button while scrolling up or down on the mouse wheel to change the volume. Of course these settings can be changed but this is how I have it set up.
Why would you need Volumouse you might ask? Continue reading
Are you tired of reinstalling software everytime you reformat your computer? Portable software is software that you can carry on any usb thumb drive and run it directly on that drive to any computer without installation.
I’ve been using portable software for years because it makes moving things and backups much easier, all you do is drag and drop.
Nowadays most of my software is portable including Firefox Portable.
Below you will find some of the best free portable applications courtesy of PortableApps.com