USBDeview is a small utility that lists all USB devices that currently connected to your computer, as well as all USB devices that you previously used.
* For each USB device, exteneded information is displayed: Device name/description, device type, serial number (for mass storage devices), the date/time that device was added, VendorID, ProductID, and more…
* USBDeview also allows you to uninstall USB devices that you previously used, disconnect USB devices that are currently connected to your computer, as well as to disable and enable USB devices.
* You can also use USBDeview on a remote computer, as long as you login to that computer with admin user.
Installation Required: No
If you’re like me you depend on your laptop a lot. Unfortunately sometimes the manufacturers of our laptops tend to do crazy things that drive you crazy!
For me, I own several Dell laptops and one of them loves to throttle its cpu down (lowers it’s clock speed) whenever I use a 65watt power adapter. To me this is just ridiculous to have a computer running at half it’s speed just because you are using a lower wattage power adapter when you NEED it to run at full capacity.
Well there is a free Windows 32bit program that I use called Notebook Hardware Control that can help you take control of your laptop’s hardware such as throttling of the cpu. Besides that it can do MANY MANY other things as well!
Notebook Hardware Control helps you to:
– control the hardware and system power management
– customize the notebook (open source ACPI Control System)
– prolong the battery lifetime
– cool down the system and reduce power consumption
– monitor the hardware to avoid system failure
– make your notebook quiet
CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download. Continue reading
PicPick is user friendly and full of features for creating your image, suitable for software developers, graphic designers and home user.
It is an all-in-one program that provides full-featured screen capture tool, intuitive image editor, color picker, color palette, pixel ruler, protractor, crosshair and even whiteboard.
It has not only everything what you need, but it loads fast, sits quietly in the system tray until needed.
PicPick has a very small footprint and you can also make it portable. Just download the program, install it, drag and drop the folder where it’s installed to a USB drive and now you can take it to any Windows computer and use it without installing it!
For example you can have an 8GB drive but your computer will only see it as a 4GB drive even after you format it!
If you run into such a situation download this tool to format your USB drive and it will return to it’s original capacity.