As you may know the GPS in not very accurate on these cell phones and tend to scatter or be off by a few feet. Many times the GPS will think you’re on the other side of the road and tell you to go in the opposite direction!
An easy fix for GPS accuracy is to disable BOTH the Wi Fi and mobile data while you are using the GPS so they don’t interfere with the operation of the GPS module.
Money Manager Ex is a free, open-source, cross-platform, easy-to-use personal finance software. It primarily helps organize one’s finances and keeps track of where, when and how the money goes. It is also a great tool to get a bird’s eye view of your financial worth.
Money Manager includes all the basic features that 90% of users would want to see in a personal finance application. The design goals are to concentrate on simplicity and user-friendliness – something one can use everyday.
Money Manager Ex runs on Windows and Linux and an experimental build is now available for Mac OS X.
Ever wanted 3 monitors on your desktop but didn’t have the space?
GiMeSpace is a small and very simple program for Windows XP or later versions that will allow you to expand your desktop without any limits. When you move your mouse to the edge of your screen you will notice that your desktop extends beyond the borders of your normal desktop. It provides a cheap alternative for adding more monitors to your computer. Keep all your windows open next to each other and move between then by just moving your mouse to the left or to the right.
Want to play those old Nintendo NES games that you used to enjoy years ago? Now you can with a cool site called NESemu. NEScafe uses java so you can play hundereds of NES games directly from your web browser, all free!
I’ve used many online organization tools such as those from Yahoo and Gmail but none of them really gave me the usability that I wanted in organizing my schedule and things to do.
A few months ago I started using a free online to-do organizer called Toodledo. Since I have several laptops and computers that I switch frequently I wanted an online solution that I would be able to access and this was the best solution for me. Check it out!
They say the best way to accomplish the things you want to do is write it down! because they faintest ink is better than the best memory!
After watching a video in a Web site, you may want to save the video file into your local disk for playing it offline in the future. If the video file is stored in your browser’s cache, this utility can help you to extract the video file from the cache and save it for watching it in the future. Continue reading →
* Touch screen gestures support for zoom in/out and for next/previous picture
* View & Edit graphics file of type: jpeg, bmp, gif, tiff (multi-page), png, pcx and emf
* Save As Pdf command
* Jpeg lossless rotate and crop
* Works with all Windows versions from 95 up to Windows 7FreeVimager
* Multi-monitor support: switch form one monitor to another through context menu or TAB key
* The executable only version stores the settings to a INI file
* Preview Display with transparency (useful when working with two or more monitors)
* Unicode support: Open, Edit, Batch Process or Batch Rename your files named in russian, indian, chinese, japanese…
* EXIF is displayed and all data are kept when editing and saving images
* EXIF date / time adjustment in batch mode
* IPTC & XMP single file / batch editing support for jpeg and tiff files
* Batch Processing and CD / DVD Slideshow creation
* Print Preview with image positioning by dragging
* Size optimized Email sending of images and avi files
* Well known editing features like: rotate, crop, resize, brightness, contrast, sharpen, …
* Live configurable Redeye removal tool
* Live Ansel Adams Zone System Histogram under Brightness, Contrast, … (thanks Jordi for the suggestion)
* Twain Scan multiple pages to tiff and pdf (possibility to Email directly)
* Avi video player with snapshot functionality and draggable borders in full-screen mode (integrated lossless, mjpeg, theora, vorbis and ADPCM codecs)
* Audio and CD player
* Zip extraction (context menu entry available)
USBDiskEjector is another essential program that I use every day to safely remove USB drives quickly.
USBDiskEjector is a portable program that allows you to quickly remove USB devices in Windows. It was originally designed to remove only USB pen drives but will now eject any USB device. It can be run as a non-visual command line program or a normal gui program. Its very useful if you have a USB flash/pen drive, especially if you use a menu such as PStart or the Portable Apps launcher. Continue reading →
Radical Image Optimization Tool is a free image optimizer that will let you to visually adjust compression parameters while keeping minimum filesize.
It uses with a side by side (dual view) or single view interface to compare the original with the optimized image in real time.
It has a simple and easy to use interface where you will be able to control compression, number of colors, metadata settings and much more, and select image format (JPG, GIF or PNG) for your output file.
* open many image types including rare/scientific types
(up to 128 bpp, integer and floating point).
* save and optimize JPEG, GIF and PNG with a simple, clean user interface
* works in dual view: (original – optimized image) or single view (optimized image).
Automatic preview of resulting image
* in-place compare function (alternativelly display the original image over the optimized image to notice small pixel changes)
* compress files to desired filesize threshold
* fast processing (all is done in memory);
see instant results including resulting filesize
* batch support (process multiple files at once)
* transparency handling options
* decide if you want to keep metadata (comments, IPTC, Adobe XMP, EXIF profiles, ICC profiles).
Unsupported metadata is removed
* transfer metadata between image formats (destination format must support them)
* common tools: pan and zoom, rotate, flip
* basic image adjustments: brightness, contrast, gamma, invert
* visually reduce number of unique colors for PNG and GIF images in order to reduce filesize
(two quantization methods are available: Xiaolin Wu and NeuQuant neural net)
* resize image by using well known resample filters (ex: Lanczos3, Catmull Rom, Bicubic, and others)
* out-of-the-box support for external PNG optimizers (optipng, pngout, etc)
* the compression and the results are comparable to those of commercial products, even higher.
* Adaptive logarithmic tone mapping algorithm (Drago) used for HDR images