Are you tired of reinstalling software everytime you reformat your computer? Portable software is software that you can carry on any usb thumb drive and run it directly on that drive to any computer without installation.
I’ve been using portable software for years because it makes moving things and backups much easier, all you do is drag and drop.
Nowadays most of my software is portable including Firefox Portable.
Below you will find some of the best free portable applications courtesy of PortableApps.com
Q-Dir is another great free portable program that I use everyday to manage and sort files in Windows. Q-Dir will save you tons of time transferring and managing files within windows. Q-Dir works just like your regular Windows file explorer except you can have up to 4 window panels at a time!
Q-Dir makes your files and folder easy to manage.
Fast and easy access to your hard disks, network folders, USB-Stiks, floppy disks and other storage devices.
Q-Dir is a good file manager with an amazing Quadro-View technique.
Q-Dir does not have to be installed and can be executed easily from the desktop, and can be carried on a small usb-stick or other memory device.
Here are the best portable MP3 players for Windows that I use everyday and all for different reasons.
All of these free portable MP3 players for Windows fill a certain niche for me. They can all be put on a USB drive and none of them need to be installed.
The 1by1 Directory Player is the best MP3 player if you are a person that just keeps all your Mp3 files in a few folders. Because of this it is very quick and convenient as all you do is point the player to your folders and you’re ready to go.
1by1 Directory Player is light and fast and takes me less then a second to launch the program. The benefits of the 1by1 player is that you can see all of your MP3 files in a glance and you can sort, shuffle play and repeat directories in a flash without much worry about setup.
This is a great free app for Windows that will auto hide your mouse cursor which can annoy you when doing things such as gaming.
The app is called AutoHideMouseCursor and is portable so you don’t have to install it but just run the file.
Here are 2 free portable money management software applications if you are in need of software that will help you manage your finances.
Portable software is software that can run directly from a usb drive and can be used from computer to computer without installation.
- rq money is simple and effectual financial programme not only for household;
- rq money is freeware, developed constantly from June 2005;
- rq money works with operating systeme ms windows (versions 9x to vista);
- rq money doesn’t need instalation (!), just unzip it (to harddisk, usb key or floppy) and you can work;
- rq money has many advantages – minimum of size, little RAM consumption, high speed and stability, easy portability (PC to PC, PC to USB key, …);
- rq money stores data into builted sqlite database. This database is extremly fast, very little, which became award from company google-o’reilly in category the best open-source project of year 2005;
- rq money doesn’t contain malware (spyware, trojan, virus or adware). Following webservers tested this programme and award it by certificate about its cleaning;
Money Manager Ex
Money Manager Ex is a free, open-source, cross-platform, easy-to-use personal finance software. It primarily helps organize one’s finances and keeps track of where, when and how the money goes. It is also a great tool to get a bird’s eye view of your financial worth.
Money Manager includes all the basic features that 90% of users would want to see in a personal finance application. The design goals are to concentrate on simplicity and user-friendliness – something one can use everyday.
Money Manager Ex runs on Windows and Linux and an experimental build is now available for Mac OS X.