Radical Image Optimization Tool is a free image optimizer that will let you to visually adjust compression parameters while keeping minimum filesize.
It uses with a side by side (dual view) or single view interface to compare the original with the optimized image in real time.
It has a simple and easy to use interface where you will be able to control compression, number of colors, metadata settings and much more, and select image format (JPG, GIF or PNG) for your output file.
* open many image types including rare/scientific types
(up to 128 bpp, integer and floating point).
* save and optimize JPEG, GIF and PNG with a simple, clean user interface
* works in dual view: (original – optimized image) or single view (optimized image).
Automatic preview of resulting image
* in-place compare function (alternativelly display the original image over the optimized image to notice small pixel changes)
* compress files to desired filesize threshold
* fast processing (all is done in memory);
see instant results including resulting filesize
* batch support (process multiple files at once)
* transparency handling options
* decide if you want to keep metadata (comments, IPTC, Adobe XMP, EXIF profiles, ICC profiles).
Unsupported metadata is removed
* transfer metadata between image formats (destination format must support them)
* common tools: pan and zoom, rotate, flip
* basic image adjustments: brightness, contrast, gamma, invert
* visually reduce number of unique colors for PNG and GIF images in order to reduce filesize
(two quantization methods are available: Xiaolin Wu and NeuQuant neural net)
* resize image by using well known resample filters (ex: Lanczos3, Catmull Rom, Bicubic, and others)
* out-of-the-box support for external PNG optimizers (optipng, pngout, etc)
* the compression and the results are comparable to those of commercial products, even higher.
* Adaptive logarithmic tone mapping algorithm (Drago) used for HDR images
EVEREST Home Edition is a freeware system information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. It offers the world’s most accurate system information and diagnostics capabilities, including online features, memory benchmarks, hardware monitoring, and low-level hardware information.
# Advanced hardware monitor with OSD panel and cooling fans monitoring
# Real-time alerting for hot-plug devices
# Portable Computer page to display mobile PC related information
# Bluetooth PAN support
# File Scanner filtering
# User benchmark results manager
# Sharpness test (Monitor Diagnostics)
Installation Required: No
Trout is a free, simple and small audio player for Windows that is portable so you can carry it with you on your usb stick. Trout will play mp3s as well as most all popular audio format types.
* Supported audio formats (standard): AIFF, AIF, AIFC, MP1, MP2, MP3, OGA, OGG, WAV, MO3, XM, MOD, S3M, IT, MTM.
* Supported audio formats (w/ plugins): FLAC, WMA, WMP, WMV, ASF, MID, MIDI, RMI, KAR, WV, WVC, AAC, MP4, M4A, M4B, M4P, APE, AC3, SPX, TTA, OFR, MPC, ALAC.
* Basic freeDB support for audio CD track titles.
* Support for internet radio streams.
* Supported tag formats: ID3v1, ID3v2.2/3/4, OGG/FLAC Vorbis comments, WMA, APEv2, MP4/ALAC/AAC (not available under 9x/ME)
* WinampAPI support for external control and display.
* Commandline parameters for external control (/play, /stop, /prev, /next, & /mute).
* Extremely customizable hotkey system.
* Track announcements (ideal for audiobooks)
* Basic album art support (folder.jpg)
* Horizontal/vertical “minibar” controls.
* Toaster style popup.
* Play modes (Play file, play list, repeat file, repeat list, random, shuffle).
* Simple tag editing (not available under 9x/ME).
* Last.fm and Libre.fm scrobbling support.
* Lyrics window (Lyrics from LyricWiki.org)
Installation Required: No
USBDeview is a small utility that lists all USB devices that currently connected to your computer, as well as all USB devices that you previously used.
* For each USB device, exteneded information is displayed: Device name/description, device type, serial number (for mass storage devices), the date/time that device was added, VendorID, ProductID, and more…
* USBDeview also allows you to uninstall USB devices that you previously used, disconnect USB devices that are currently connected to your computer, as well as to disable and enable USB devices.
* You can also use USBDeview on a remote computer, as long as you login to that computer with admin user.
Installation Required: No
iQ-Notes is a Windows application that gives the user the ability to track notes on their computer just like Post-It notes. The application is freeware, which means you can download and use it, at no cost! One neat thing you can do with it is that it can synchronize with an FTP server so the notes on one computer is the same as the notes on your other computers or laptop.
If you have notes all over your desk, or want to save information all in one place without losing them, you’ll find this program very easy to use with many useful features. Simply just install this program and it appears on your task-tray. Whenever you want to create a fast note, just double-click on the post-it note icon on your task tray. It’s that easy.
The uniqueness of it is that it shows the temperature of each individual core in each processor in your system! You can see in real time how the CPU temperature varies when you load your CPU. It’s also completely motherboard independent. Continue reading
CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download. Continue reading
It allows you to manage your to-dos in a simple but effective way. To-dos can be created as thoughts and actions, which can then be assigned to the Next Action, Today, or Someday categories. Tasks can also be scheduled and listed in a calender-like overview, as well as linked to a project or simply put on hold. Continue reading
Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it’s free!
Recently one of my Hitachi Deathstar drives crashed and a lot of the files I had on the drive were no longer viewable. Using Recuva I was able to recover most of the files. It took about an hour to do a “deep scan” and a few more minutes to go through and restore some of the files. Continue reading
Speccy is a great free tool for Windows that I use that helps you figure out what’s in your computer without having to open it up. With Speccy you’ll be able to figure out the specifics of your CPU, Motherboard, Ram, Hard drive as well as the temperatures of them all and much much more!
Speccy is portable so you can stick in on a usb drive and take it to any computer Continue reading